Friday, June 13, 2008

Guinness at 11 am anyone? no?


















At right, me in front of St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin.


For the uncontrollably worrisome, I am safe and sound in Dublin, Ireland right now, typing away on an overpriced internet cafe machine. Dublin is a bit chilly right now, high 50s and mostly cloudy. I expected there to be a Guinness Rainbow stretched across the sky as I stepped off the plane, skittles raining on us.
No such luck. I made friends with a newlywed couple from New York, both of them were very nice. They look to be in at least their 60s and are vacationing(I suspect honeymoon, but they didn't say). Anyway, they gave me a banana when they saw me stealing the blanket and silverware from the airplane, figuring it was better to appease The Polish Liberator before I took their uneaten food. Wise choice. I narrowly missed stealing her half-eaten bun off her plate last night, but the game of solitaire I was playing got in the way.
By some fluke, we flew on an AirFrance jet, and it was delightful. TONS of movies(There will be blood, lots of current things, my sister the film major would be jealous) and an addictive game that involved shooting colored balls from a frog. I would have been amused if they gave me something with bright lights or a whistle.

besides boarding an hour late in JFK, everything went smoothly. Plus, being a little Irish and looking it helps in Ireland. More on that later after I meet some people. Hope I can upload photos in Krakow.

Love you all,
Rudz

1 comment:

C Rudz said...

PLEASE TELL ME YOU WATCHED THERE WILL BE BLOOD PLEASE TELL ME PLEASE TELL ME PLEASE ITS AMAZING.