Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Leaving Switzerland

I didn't think leaving Switzerland would be this hard. After getting our butts handed to us by the swiss alps and climbing down the mountain, me with tendinitis in one knee and each of us with a little less ego, we retreated to sanctuary. My Aunt Kate is my mom's younger sister, and lives with her husband Bob in a two story white house with long bay windows. She cooks a mean leg of lamb and the house, rented from an ex-pat family currently living in Abu Dhabi, is just 5 minutes walk from the shore of Lake Geneva.
Recuperating from the hike and licking our wounds, Brett and I spent our last few days at the house reading books and watching movies. After winning 4 straight rounds of Mexican Train Dominoes, my ration of scotch was restricted and I became public enemy number one.
We bought our tickets to Paris and finished our last days in Switzerland in peace.

No comments: