Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ukraina and beyond!

I leave for Ukraine tomorrow. I'm in Boston right now, and in 24 hours I will drive to JFK in New York City with my parents and then they will drop me off. My flight leaves at 5:35 pm, and I arrive in Lviv on the 2nd around 4 pm. 
I'm excited, but mostly trying to pack in as much America as I can get right now. Heck, I ordered a Maxwell Street Polish, an All Beef Chicago Dog, onion rings and a large chocolate malt all for lunch at Portillo's in Schaumburg before I left. I've been stuffing my face full of Chipotle, mexican fajitas, french toast and hopefully some delicious omelettes these past few days, and I'm not done yet. 
Boston in a wonderful town, and I can see why my sisters like it so much. I love cities that are big, but still have a small-town feel to them. Chicago doesn't have that, but Milwaukee does. Plus, Chicago changes too often, and Boston has a more established feeling to it. 
Anyway, I'm writing today to let everyone know that my blog will continue through my trip into Urkaine. I will keep updating this every week while I'm teaching. From the feedback I've heard, more people request pictures over stories, and I would tend to agree. I will still write, but try to shoot more and limit my stories to shorter lengths. You can look forward to more video as well.

Arrivederci! Do widzenia! Do pobachnia!

Rudz

No comments: