Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Birthday Video, Part 2(Day 3)

The second party(a surprise) and third day of my birthday festivities. It was a blast. Please watch the last interview if you watch nothing else, it was one of the greatest compliments I've ever received. In order of birthday wish appearance: Bozena Hrycyna, a Canadian from Toronto and a fellow English teacher; Tania, who works for the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church and has recruited me to be a reporter and photographer for her; Olenka, an opera singer who regularly comes to our weekend salsa parties; Irene Danysh, a Seattle, Washington native who has been teaching and living abroad in twelve countries; and Petro Didula, the UCU photographer and videographer who has become a close friend of mine. I have Petro's son in my English class.
I haven't had a cake in a while, and this was my favorite: Kremowka! (Kreh-moov-kah) A polish original and the favorite cake of Pope John Paul II.

1 comment:

C Rudz said...

oh mike!! ahhh i miss you i'm so happy you had such a great day and so much good cake and friends.
xo.