Monday, September 29, 2008

Pierogi Food Poisoning



From emedicinehealth.com:
Short episodes of vomiting and small amounts of diarrhea lasting less than 24 hours can usually be cared for at home.Do not eat solid food while nauseous or vomiting but drink plenty of fluids. Small, frequent sips of clear liquids (those you can see through) are the best way to stay hydrated. After successfully tolerating fluids, eating should begin slowly, when nausea and vomiting have stopped. Plain foods that are easy on the stomach should be started in small amounts. Consider eating rice, wheat, breads, potatoes, low-sugar cereals, lean meats, and chicken (not fried) to start.
To all: I'm OK, but sick. I cancelled all of my classes today after getting food poisoning from some meat pierogies I ate before I left Krakow. The above pictures pretty much describe my day, but I have lots to post about Krakow. Despite feeling pretty crappy, I had a great trip and wonderful weather! Thanks Amanda!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bummer!